After Halloween, Valentines is one of my own favorite theme rides. Every year I alternate with a Valentines theme and an Anti-Valentines theme, or as I like to call it, “Cupid is Stupid”. In fact, I bet spurned-love songs are only second to the number of love songs in the universe! We give you two great lists to choose from.
Are you the type to do a Valentines Ride, filled with love songs about happiness and ever-lasting joy?
Or are you the type to do a “Cupid is Stupid” ride and poke fun at all those love songs?
Chances are your students are going to be either in one camp or the other, so why not give them a little of both?
thanks for those suggestions. I’ll be sure to add them to next year’s. Cant believe I didn’t have Love Stinks by J. Geils – must not have been in my iTunes Valentines playlist that I exported to Excel, but I know I’ve used it before. It’s a classic Anti-Valentines song!
And I’m going to be sure to get the Marilyn Manson version of Tainted Love!
Since you are so beyond generous in sharing, if I ever have a chance to visit you, I would buy a new iPod and transfer your whole iTunes library, may I pleease? ;)))
Here are my favorite for this theme:
– Love Is All/Yanni/Tribute (my finale climb)
– Stranger In My House (Hex Hector Tribal Trance mix)/Tamia (long climb and all will surely be in his/her zone of climbing)
Happy Valentine’s Day to all!
Here are a few more of my anti Valentines Day songs!
1. I don’t wanna be in love by Good Charlotte
2. Love Stinks by the J. Geils Band
3. Your Love is Driving me Crazy by Sammy Hagar
4. Ball and Chain by Social Distortion
5. I Hate myself for loving you by DJ Miko
6. Too Late for Love by Def Leppard
Thanks for the list of songs…already pretty much had my list together, but got a few great ideas for my Anti-Valentine’s Day ride! One GREAT song to add to your list is Marilyn Manson’s version of “Tainted Love”, it’s got an awesome edge to it, perfect for a climb!
Perfect lists to help create “Love Me, Love Me Not” rides!! 🙂