From our vault…
It’s turkey time! Gobble, gobble! Whether riders plan to be cooking all week, traveling home for the holiday, or participating in a local turkey trot race, our Thanksgiving Day playlists will surely have everyone covered.
We’ve broken our playlist into two categories: food and gratitude. The food playlist is a recent one we’ve put together. You’ll find everything you’d ever eat on Thanksgiving dinner along with other savory treats. Our gratitude playlist includes quintessential songs that highlight what Thanksgiving is all about: family, travel, thankfulness, etc. There’s not only a wide range of songs to choose from, but enough tracks listed to create a different themed playlist every few days in the month of November!
And if you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving because you’re not in the US, there’s no reason why you can’t have a gratitude-based theme ride this time of year. It’s a great way to get your riders in the spirit of feeling grateful for their health and happiness. Or, choose a food-, family-, or home-themed ride.
Thanksgiving Day Playlists
As usual, if you have any additional songs to add that you love to use for a theme ride during this holiday period, please leave them in the comments below.
So I have a few to contribute that I put on my playlist this year.
1. Forever in Blue Jeans – Neil Diamond 90 RPM
* I reference to listen to the words and how it symbolizes that we should all put things in perspective… family, friends, love are where it’s at. Plus, a member requested a Neil Diamond song. Im using as a recovery first minutes, then increasing tension and keeping pace the same. Following up with high energy song. : )
2. This year – The Mountain Goats 140 BPM
* referencing that we will all make it thru this year with family, friends and love
3. Sweet potato – Shiney Ribs, cool down
4. Home – The Cinematics, cool down
5. Be Thankful (classic remix) B.A.D. Connection, 125 BPM, using for some high intensity drills… almost 7 minutes.
These are great, Cynthia! I actually use This Year by the Mountain Goats for my NYE ride. I love it! I’ll make sure to add your suggestions.