Training Videos to help you learn even more as an instructor
Training Videos to help you learn even more as an instructor">
COMING SOON TO ICA!! We will be posting training videos in this area, including 1-2 minute quick tips as well as longer more detailed examples of some of the following:
- How to lead a warm-up or cool-down
- How to lead a stretch at the end of class
- How to correct form issues with students
- Suggestions on interactions with students
- Public speaking and presentation skills (because every instructor is a "presenter")!
- Examples of segments of profiles
- Examples of different ways to coach and motivate students
- Contraindications, and how to replace them with safer and more effective movements
- Cycling-specific stretches and exercises to do outside of class
- Proper set-up procedures
- Comparisons between outdoor and indoor riding
- and much more
Talk Test Video: A one-on-one graded exercise test|
This is a video of a one-on-one graded exercise test I did on a Spinner bike with one of my training clients. Notice the verbiage I use as I guide him through the test. This is an excellent way to do this but one-on-one isn't practical with your students. Following this will be an Audio Master Class describing a Talk Test in a class scenario. . . .
Video: cool down and stretch following high intensity workout|
Here is a video of a cool down and stretch routine following a high intensity ride called The Roller Coaster Ride that I taught at the Buffalo Athletic Club July of 2011. This is just one example of a stretch series. Over the next couple of months I'll provide more videos of a variety of styles of post-ride stretches by different instructors. . . .
|#bottom_spacer# height=1 ALT="">